Rock of Ages (2012) movie free download and Watch
Rock of Ages (2012): Rock of Ages (2012) movie in HD channel now. You can want to watch and free download Rock of Ages (2012) in Your PC.
Rock of Ages is a 2012 American musical comedy film directed by Adam Shankman. The film is an adaptation of the 2006 Chris D'Arienzo rock jukebox Broadway musical of the same name. Originally scheduled to enter production in the Summer of 2010 for a 2011 release, it eventually started production in May 2011 and was released on June 15, 2012.
The film stars country singer Julianne Hough and Diego Boneta with an ensemble cast including Tom Cruise, Russell Brand, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Paul Giamatti, Malin Åkerman, Bryan Cranston, with Alec Baldwin and Mary J. Blige. The film features the music of Bon Jovi, Guns N' Roses, David Lee Roth, Joan Jett, Extreme, Def Leppard, Foreigner, Journey, Poison, Pat Benatar, Warrant, Whitesnake, Night Ranger, Twisted Sister, Starship, Quarterflash, Quiet Riot, Skid Row, Scorpions and REO Speedwagon.
Directed by Adam Shankman
Produced by Adam Shankman
Screenplay by Justin Theroux
Based on Rock of Ages by Chris D'Arienzo
Starring Diego Boneta
Mary J. Blige
Music by Adam Anders
Cinematography Bojan Bazelli
Editing by Emma E. Hickox
Studio Material Pictures
Distributed by Warner Bros.
New Line Cinema
Release date(s) June 15, 2012
Running time 123 minutes
Country United States
Budget $75 million
Box office $49,159,986
- Diego Boneta as Drew Boley, the male protagonist who works as a barback at The Bourbon Room but dreams of being a rock star.
- Julianne Hough as Sherrie Christian, the female protagonist who works as a waitress at The Bourbon Room but wants to be a singer.
- Tom Cruise as Stacee Jaxx, the lead singer of Arsenal and Drew's idol.
- Russell Brand as Lonny Barnett, the manager of The Bourbon Room and a close friend (later the lover) of Dennis.
- Paul Giamatti as Paul Gill, Stacee's manipulative--and criminal--manager, who takes the part as the antagonist in Drew's storyline.
- Catherine Zeta-Jones as Patricia Whitmore, the main antagonist who wants to shut down The Bourbon Room...but who is concealing a secret of which she remains ashamed.
- Mary J. Blige as Justice Charlier, the owner of The Venus Club who befriends Sherrie.
- Malin Åkerman as Constance Sack, a Rolling Stone reporter who falls for Stacee.
- Alec Baldwin as Dennis Dupree, the owner of The Bourbon Room and a close friend (later the lover) of Lonny.
- Bryan Cranston as Mike Whitmore, the Mayor of Los Angeles and Patricia's husband. The character is fictional; the Mayor of Los Angeles in 1987 was Tom Bradley.
- James Martin Kelly as Doug Flintlock, L.A. power broker, and an antagonist who backs Mayor Whitmore in the interest of closing the Bourbon to build condos.
- Will Forte as Mitch Miley, a reporter covering Patricia's protests.
- Anya Garnis as Destiny, one of the strippers at the Venus Club.
- Kevin Nash and Jeff Chase as Stacee Jaxx's bodyguards
In 1987, Sherrie Christian (Julianne Hough) travels from Tulsa, Oklahoma, to Los Angeles with dreams of becoming a famous singer while barback Drew Boley (Diego Boneta) prepares for another night of work at "The Bourbon Room," a popular nightclub on the Sunset Strip ("Sister Christian" / "Just Like Paradise" / "Nothin' but a Good Time"). As Sherrie approaches The Bourbon, her suitcase, containing her favorite records, is stolen. Seeing the incident, Drew tries to catch the robber, but fails. He comforts Sherrie and, upon learning of her situation, he gets her a job at the Bourbon Room as a waitress.
The club's owner, Dennis Dupree (Alec Baldwin), and his right-hand man, Lonny Barnett (Russell Brand), are trying to find a way to deal with unpaid taxes that are threatening the club, wishing their love of rock 'n' roll could keep it alive. Drew and Sherrie go to a Tower Records store and look through the used records for sale, both confessing their dreams of becoming famous ("Juke Box Hero" / "I Love Rock 'n' Roll"). Dennis and Lonny finally decide to book Stacee Jaxx (Tom Cruise), a famous rock star who has recently announced that he will be resigning from his band, Arsenal, to perform at the Bourbon in hopes of raising enough money to clear up their debt. Upon hearing of Stacee's upcoming concert, Patricia Whitmore (Catherine Zeta-Jones), the religious conservative wife of Mayor Mike Whitmore (Bryan Cranston), organizes her church to protest in front of the Bourbon Room, planning to shut them down in an attempt to rid L.A. of its "sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll" image ("Hit Me With Your Best Shot").
Meanwhile, Drew's and Sherrie's relationship progresses and they slowly begin to fall in love ("Waiting for a Girl Like You"), with Drew admitting he has started writing a song for Sherrie. At the night of the show, Dennis learns that Arsenal's opening act has cancelled its appearance, and Sherrie convinces him to use Drew and his band, Wolfgang Von Colt. Drew then confesses his feelings for Sherrie and they kiss ("More than Words" / "Heaven"). Meanwhile, Stacee's manager, Paul Gill (Paul Giamatti), schedules an interview between Stacee and Constance Sack (Malin Åkerman), a reporter for Rolling Stone magazine, before the concert. She mentions the rumors that Stacee is difficult to work with and that he was actually kicked out of Arsenal, but Jaxx claims that his life is much more complicated than it appears to be ("Wanted Dead or Alive"). He then seduces her, and they are close to having sex ("I Want to Know What Love Is") when one of his arrogant comments convinces her that it would be a mistake and causes her to leave.